- The fear circuitry
- Why antidepressants take time to work while benzodiazepine anxiolytics act quickly?
- Main problems in psychiatric diagnostics
- Anorexia nervosa
1.Risks and protective factors in child neuropsychiatric disorders from the perspective of brain development? (luento)
2.Depression (MDD) diagnoses according to DSM-IV (luento)
3.OCD: emotional and cognitive disorder? (kirjan mukaan)
4. Brain areas involved in Anorexia Nervosa (Sciance News 2013)
Invitation to neuroscience
- Define the concept neuronal migration
- Define the concept resting potential
- What are the key functions and characteristics of the cerebellum? Where is this structure located in the brain?
- Essay: How is auditory information processed? Describe the key aspects of sensory transduction, representation and anatomy
- Essay: Describe the key mechanisms underlying plasticity of mature synapses and circuits
1.Basal ganglia, what, where, basic functions?
2.How would you measure functioning of autonomous nervous system?
3.Functions of the brain’s white matter, and how to visualize its structure?
1. Autonomic nervous system
2. Neurophysiological (electric) methods in neuroscience
Introduction to neuroscience
Monivalintatentti, hyvin pikkutarkka.
1. Current & future treatments of Alzheimers disease
2. Previous & current drugs to treat depression
3. Antiepileptic drugs and their mechanism of action
4. Drug treatment in Parkinson’s disease
1. Drugs of abuse: site / mechanisms of action
2. Local anesthesis & clinical use?
3. Parkinson disease drug treatment?
4. Alzheimer’s disease drug treatment now and in future?